Your shopping cart is empty!
Privacy and Data Protection
There are already a number of laws and regulations that govern marketing over the internet. These include the Computer Misuse Act 1990, the Electronic Communications Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
The Data Protection Act requires personal data to be processed only in accordance with 8 principles. These include that personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully and with your consent. Opt outs to our communications can be done through the create account process and you can unsubscribe at any time. We will only hold your information for the purposes of fulfilling our service to you and to provide you with functionality on your online account.
We will collect anonymous information on site usage using cookies to track returning visitors and to assist us in developing our site. Please contact us if you have any concerns with regards data protection or privacy issues.
As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at our website.
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
* Your name – so we know what to call you
* Email address – so we can email you order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc
* Delivery address – an obvious one
* Telephone number – we’ll only call if we have a delivery problem
* Invoice Address - so we can pass this to the payment gateway so they can check your card
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information during your order and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
We use SAGEPAY as our payment gateway which means that they take your credit card and order details, and debit your card to our account. They do not hold your card details and neither do we.
We will never pass on your details on to a third party for marketing purposes.
There are only three circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
* With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who help us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function
* In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
* To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
You’ll also find more information about this in our Security FAQs section.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
G&N Online Services Ltd
Unit 2 Blaydon Business Centre
Tyne & Wear
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.